Most of us devote all of our energy to careful facial skin care, often forgetting the neck and décolleté area, and this is the area that is the most obvious indicator of age. As a result, over time, the gap between them becomes very noticeable.
There are several reasons why the skin on the neck shows signs of aging earlier than that on the face.
- First of all, it is damage to the epidermal layer caused by the sun. The skin in this area is thinner, so the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays are more widespread and deeper, which leads to the destruction of collagen and further thinning of the skin, leading to the formation of wrinkles.
- The muscles in the neck area are relatively weak, and without proper physical exercise, sagging skin occurs with age.
The best way to slow down the aging process and achieve a rejuvenated neck is to take steps to help maintain muscle tone and increase skin elasticity.
To prevent premature aging of the skin, it is necessary to follow certain recommendations that will improve the appearance and slow down age-related changes in this area.
- Always apply sunscreen to your neck and chest. Remember that the skin in these areas is very sensitive and more sensitive to the sun.
- Use anti-aging cosmetics with a high concentration of antioxidants (vitamins E, A, C), as well as special moisturizers designed specifically for the cervical area.
- Look for products containing ceramides which prevent moisture loss, peptides and coenzyme Q10 which stimulate metabolic processes in cells and slow down the aging process, and hyaluronic acid which maintains water balance, tone and elasticity of the dermis.
- Incorporate effective exercises into your daily neck rejuvenation routine that help build muscle tone in this area.
- Practice perfect posture. Keep your head up and the creases at the collar will automatically fade.
- Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water a day. A sufficient amount of liquid contributes to good hydration of the organism, eliminates toxins and prolongs youth.
- A high pillow is the worst enemy of the neck rejuvenation process.
- Regularly use herbal contrast masks and compresses. Such procedures contribute to the detoxification of the skin, tighten and tone it.
- Apply a good nourishing anti-wrinkle cream to the cervix area before going to bed.
In some cases, Botox or Dysport injections may be indicated, but this solution is not recommended for everyone. Wrinkle reduction lasers help stimulate collagen and elastin growth, and surgical facelifts are great for age-related changes, but these invasive procedures are quite expensive and have their own contraindications. Recovery after them takes a long time.
It is therefore better to start anti-aging care as soon as possible, so as not to resort to costly methods later.